New Fee Structure is Aplicable From 1st September 2015, To Know New Fee Click Here
Tell Your Friends
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
M.Tech Admission 2013-14 Instrumentation Engineering

 

GATE 2013-14 M.Tech. Admission 2013 Counseling & Guideline for Instrumentation Engineering- IN

Engineers Institute of India-E.I.I. congratulates all its students who have got good ranks in the GATE–13.
Important guidelines for M.Tech admissions have been prepared by us with available information from previous students.
You must choose these specialization preferences for M.Tech admission 2013:
1. VLSI / Micro Electronics.
2. Digital Electronics
3. Systems & Signals
4. Instrumentation & Controls
5. Interdisciplinary courses like Satellite Technology, Internet Science, Aerospace, Management, Industrial Engineering (NITIE – Bombay)

Selection Factors:       
1. Rank / Score category-wise obtained in GATE 2013  
2. Percentage in B.Tech/ B.E.   
3. Written Test (Institutes )               
4. Interview

Direct Admission ( Few specialisation ) : IIT-Madras, IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-ROORKEE  &  IISc-BANGALORE  :

ONLY GATE Score is required at IISC Bangalore, IIT Madras ,IIT Kharagpur, IIR Roorkee.
Eligibility:  General: 60% , SC/ST/PD : 55%  B.E./B.Tech
GATE Score 2012 : 92.00   GATE Score 2011 : 87.67
Mode : 1. GATE score. 2. Written + interview.
GATE score is given 70% weight age and remaining 30% weight age is for the
Written test / Interview.

Graduate from IITs  with  a  minimum  CGPA  of  8.0  are  exempted  from  this  requirement. ( All IITs )

For general category candidate below are Rank division and possible specialization:
IITs : GATE score is given a minimum weight of 70% in judging the overall performance of the candidates appearing for interview at IITs.
RANK upto 300(99 percentile+) : Interview call from applied PSU’s.
Rank 100 to 600 (98-99 percentile+): In IITs and all NIT's.
Rank 600 to 800(97-98 percentile+): Lower Specializations at NITs, good Specializations at Pvt Engineering colleges with possibility of Better Specializations at NIFFT-Ranchi, Thapar –Patiala,VJTI-Bombay BHU, NSIT, DCE, IIITs, BITS, Pilani, Mesra, BMSE Bangalore, SJCE, Pondicheerry Engineering College.
DCE :  ONLY GATE SCORE
Rank more than 800 (97-96 percentile+)  : For such candidate good level of private engineering colleges are best option where admission are direct or through ( Written with interview ). BITs, Pilani, Anna University, PSG, Coimbatore, Anna University, Pondicherry university, UPTU, Punjab Tech. University, MDU, Jadavpur University, PSG Coimbattor.
For  SC/ST/OBC category candidates seats are reserved with lower Rank at almost IITs, NITs and reputed institute. ( For rough calculation of rank distributions  ( SC/ST : General Rank+600)  ( SC/ST : General Rank+400)
In IIIT Hyderabad, Central University-Hyderabad the admission is based on written test and interview.
Preference of IITs :  IIT Delhi / Kanpur / Madras / Bombay / Kharagpur / Roorkee / Guwahati
Preference of NITs :  Trichy / Warangal / Calicut / Suratkal / Allahabad / Hamirpur / Rourkela / Bhopal / Jamshedpur /  Surat / Jaipur / Kurushetra / Durgapur /Nagpur / Patna / Raipur / Jalandhar / Agartala / Silchar / Srinagar
Stipend / Scholarship for M.Tech Students : The stipend/Scholarship is awarded by reputed institution, you may verfy at the time of admission .
Non- Stipend seats for M.Tech: Certain seats are available at IITs, NITs, & reputed colleges for Non- Stipend, In this category all expenses are borne by students only. In this case a students may get good specialization so if you are financially sound then you must try in case your gate score is low.
Our suggestion to gate qualifiers:

  1. First select suitable Specialization with proper selection of college as per your rank or gate score.
  2. It is strongly advised to apply more than three options as other factor (No. of Applicants, left seats with Higher score/ luck factor)  may keep you in safe side.
  3.  If you have got relatively low scores in the GATE 2013 then apply at colleges suitable to your score and apply at those colleges where written / Interview selection are preferable.
  4.  To know the updates of reputed institution you must check any such update at their respective website or leading newspapers.
  5. Before you apply at any institute ensure all eligibility condition and must go into detailed of information brochure of each college.
  6. If you got admission update us your GATE Score with details of specialization and college allotted In case of any assistance or your queries are welcome.


Click here to attend counselling based on your GATE score / rank( M.Tech admission & PSU's recruitment )

WISH You ALL THE BEST
R.K.Rajesh
MANAGING  DIRECTOR-E.I.I.