ESE 2014 & GATE 2015 Top Rank Selections
M.Tech Admission 2013 Electronics & Communication
GATE 2012-13 M.Tech. Admission 2013 Counseling & Guideline for Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
Engineers Institute of India-E.I.I. congratulates all its students who have got good ranks in the GATE–13.
Important guidelines for M.Tech admissions have been prepared by us with available informationfrom previous students.
You must choose these specialization preferences for M.Tech admission 2013:
1. Communication Systems.
2. VLSI / Micro Electronics.
3. Electronic Design & Technology (Chip Design)
4. Digital Electronics
5. Systems & Signals
6. Computer Science, if interested.
7. Instrumentation & Controls
8. Interdisciplinary courses like Satellite Technology, Internet Science, Aerospace, Management and Industrial Engineering.
Selection Factors: 1. Rank / Score category-wise obtained in GATE 2013 2. Percentage in B.Tech/ B.E. 3. Written Test (Institutes) 4. Interview
In Case of GATE Score : The GATE score is given 70% weight age and remaining 30% Weight age is for the written test / Interview. The exact ratio may differ so before you apply just verify once through official notification.
ONLY GATE Score is required at IISC Bangalore, IIT Madras ,IIT Kharagpur,
IIT Delhi admits Through : 1. GATE Score ( Without Test / Interview : 75% marks or 8.5 CGPA ) 2. GATE Score (With Written Test / Interview: 60% marks or 6.75 CGP )
IIT Delhi GATE-2011 Cutoff For M.Tech : Communication Engg. GEN: 810 OBC: 780 SC: 545 ST: 495 PH: 495
IIT Roorkee GATE-2011 Cutoff For M.Tech : 91.33
IIT Roorkee GATE-2012 Cutoff For M.Tech : 67.00
For general category candidate below are Rank division and possible specialization:
IITs : GATE score is given a minimum weight of 70% in judging the overall performance of the candidates appearing for interview at IITs.
RANK upto 1000 : Interview call from applied PSU’s.
RANK upto 400: Communication Systems, VLSI / Micro Electronics in IITs.
Rank 400 to 600: Communication Systems, VLSI / Micro Electronics (With interview process in IITs).
Rank 600 to 1000: Rest specializations (EDT, DE, SS,CS,IN,Inter-disciplinary) in IITs and all the above specializations in NIT's.
Rank 1000 to 1600: All NITs, deemed universities, Top colleges like BHU,ISM, BIT Mesra ,NSIT (with interview and written test).Other Universities like JNTU, Osmania etc.
Rank 1600 to 2000: Lower Specializations at NITs, good Specializations at Pvt Engineering colleges with possibility of Better Specializations at BHU, NSIT, DCE, IIITs.
Rank more than 2000 : For such candidate good level of private engineering colleges are best option where admission are direct or through ( Written with interview ). BITs, Pilani, Anna University, PSG, Coimbatore, Anna University, Pondicherry university, UPTU, Punjab Tech. University, MDU
For SC/ST/OBC category candidates seats are reserved with lower Rank at almost IITs, NITs and reputed institute. ( For rough calculation of rank distributions ( SC/ST : General Rank+600) ( SC/ST : General Rank+400)
Preference of IITs : IIT Delhi / Kanpur / Madras / Bombay / Kharagpur / Roorkee / Guwahati
Preference of NITs : Trichy / Warangal / Calicut / Suratkal / Allahabad / Hamirpur / Rourkela / Bhopal / Jamshedpur / Surat / Jaipur / Kurushetra / Durgapur /Nagpur / Patna / Raipur / Jalandhar / Agartala / Silchar / Srinagar
Stipend / Scholarship for M.Tech Students: The stipend/Scholarship is awarded by reputed institution; you may verfy at the time of admission.
Non- Stipend seats for M.Tech: Certain seats are available at IITs, NITs, & reputed colleges for Non- Stipend, In this category all expenses are borne by students only. In this case a student may get good specialization so if you are financially sound then you must try in case your gate score is low.
Our suggestion to gate qualifiers:
- First select suitable Specialization with proper selection of college as per your rank or gate score.
- It is strongly advised to apply more than three options as other factor (No. of Applicants, left seats with Higher score/ luck factor) may keep you in safe side.
- If you have got relatively low scores in the GATE-2013 then apply at colleges suitable to your score and apply at those colleges where written / Interview selection are preferable.
- To know the updates of reputed institution you must check any such update at their respective website or leading newspapers.
- Before you apply at any institute ensure all eligibility condition and must go into detailed of information brochure of each college.
- If you got admission update us your GATE Score with details of specialization and college allotted In case of any assistance or your queries are welcome.
Click here to attend counselling based on your GATE score / rank( M.Tech admission & PSU's recruitment )
WISH You ALL THE BEST