M.Tech Admission 2013-14 Chemical Engineering
GATE 2013-14 M.Tech. Admission 2013 Counselling & Guideline forChemical Engineering ( CH )
Engineers Institute of India-E.I.I. congratulates all its students who have got good ranks in the GATE–13.
Important guidelines for M.Tech admissions have been prepared by us with available information from previous students.
You must choose these specialization preferences for M.Tech admission 2013:
- Process Modelling
- Computer Aided Design
- Optimization & control
- Particulate Systems
- Fluid Mechanics
- Separation Process
- Electrochemical processes
- Colloid & Interfacial Science
- Microstructure Engg.
- Supercritical Fluid Extraction
- Membrane Processes
- Environmental Engineering
- Bioprocess engineering and food engineering.
1. Rank / Score category-wise obtained in GATE 2013
2. Percentage in B.Tech/ B.E.
3. Written Test (Institutes)
- In Case of GATE Score : The GATE score is given 70% weight age and remaining 30% Weight age is for the written test / Interview. The exact ratio may differ so before you apply just verify once through official notification.
IIT Roorkee : GATE 2011 cutoff : 76.33
IIT Roorkee : GATE 2012 cutoff : 73.33
IIT Delhi : GATE 2013 cutoff : Chemical Engineering : General 496 OBC 480
SC 403 ST 344 PD 344
GATE 2013 Cutoff for NIT Warangal : General 352 OBC 328 SC 305 ST 300
For general category candidate below are Rank division and possiblespecialization:
IITs : GATE score is given a minimum weight of 70% in judging the overall performance of the candidates appearing for interview at IITs.
RANK upto 200 : Interview call from applied PSU’s.
RANK upto 400 to 600: IITs & NITs.
Rank 600 to 800: All NITs, deemed universities, Top colleges like BHU, NSIT (with interview and written test).Other Universities like JNTU, Osmania etc.
Rank 800 to 1100: For such candidate good level of private engineering colleges are best option where admission are direct or through ( Written with interview ). BITs, Pilani, Anna University, PSG, Coimbatore, Anna University, Pondicherry university, UPTU, Punjab Tech. University, MDU
For SC/ST/OBC category candidates seats are reserved with lower Rank at almost IITs, NITs and reputed institute. ( For rough calculation of rank distributions ( SC/ST : General Rank+600) ( SC/ST : General Rank+400)
Preference of IITs : IIT Delhi / Kanpur / Madras / Bombay / Kharagpur / Roorkee / Guwahati
Preference of NITs : Trichy / Warangal / Calicut / Suratkal / Allahabad / Hamirpur / Rourkela / Bhopal / Jamshedpur / Surat / Jaipur / Kurushetra / Durgapur /Nagpur / Patna / Raipur / Jalandhar / Agartala / Silchar / Srinagar
Stipend / Scholarship for M.Tech Students: The stipend/Scholarship is awarded by reputed institution; you may verfy at the time of admission.
Non- Stipend seats for M.Tech: Certain seats are available at IITs, NITs, & reputed colleges for Non- Stipend, In this category all expenses are borne by students only. In this case a student may get good specialization so if you are financially sound then you must try in case your gate score is low.
Our suggestion to gate qualifiers:
- First select suitable Specialization with proper selection of college as per your rank or gate score.
- It is strongly advised to apply more than three options as other factor (No. of Applicants, left seats with Higher score/ luck factor) may keep you in safe side.
- If you have got relatively low scores in the GATE 2013 then apply at colleges suitable to your score and apply at those colleges where written / Interview selection are preferable.
- To know the updates of reputed institution you must check any such update at their respective website or leading newspapers.
- Before you apply at any institute ensure all eligibility condition and must go into detailed of information brochure of each college.
- If you got admission update us your GATE Score with details of specialization and college allotted In case of any assistance or your queries are welcome.
Click here to attend counselling based on your GATE score / rank( M.Tech admission & PSU's recruitment )
WISH You ALL THE BEST