ESE 2014 & GATE 2015 Top Rank Selections
About IES-ESE 2014
Indian Engineering Services Examination, UPSC (Union Public Service commission) conducts Engineering Services Examination for recruitment in various engineering services/posts in various Government Departments. The recruitment is done for three categories: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. These jobs are considered to be highly reputed therefore a large number of candidates appear for IES-ESE exam but there are only a limited vacancies (nearly 560 including 47 PH Vacancy) so the selection is quite tough. The selected candidates get a handsome pay in addition to several other incentives of Government jobs and job security.
The selection through Engineering Services Examination is through two stages: Written Tests & Personality Test. Only the candidates who qualify the written tests are called for personality test. The written tests are of 1000 marks while personality test is of 200 marks.
- IES 2013 Selections are made for the following services and posts
- Total Number of ESE 2013 Vacancy : 763 included 19 PH ( expected ).
- At the time of selection – Assistant Executive Engineer / Assistant Works Manager / Assistant Director.
- After 3–4 years of service (including probation period) – Executive Engineer / Works Manager / Deputy Director (equivalent to Under Secretary to Government of India).
- After 8 years of service – Superintending Engineer / Deputy General Manager / Joint Director (equivalent to Deputy Secretary to Government of India).
- After 13 years of service – Chief Engineer level-2 / Joint General Manager (equivalent to Director to Government of India).
- After 20 years of service – Chief Engineer / Additional General Manager (equivalent to Joint Secretary to Government of India).
- After 30 years of service – Engineer-in-Chief / Senior General Manager (equivalent to Additional Secretary to Government of India).
- After 34 years of service - Chairman / Director General / Managing Director (equivalent to Secretary to Government of India).
Promotions are subjected to availability of vacancies and may take more time than mentioned above. The age of superannuation is 60 years for all civil servants in India.
IES- Department through CIVIL ENGINEERING Group A Services/Posts
IES- Department through MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Group A Services/Posts
(xiii) Central Power Engg. Service Gr 'B' (Mech. Engg. Posts.)
IES- Department through ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Group A Services/Posts
(x) Central Power Engineering Service Gr. 'B' (Elect. Engg. Posts)
IES- Department through ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING Group A & B Services/Posts
Candidates applying for Engineering Sevices Exam should have an engineering degree from a recognized institute or be in their final year. Also candidates with MSc. Degree or equivalent in Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering will be eligible for certain posts only. A candidate should be more than 21 years and less than 30 years of age as on 1st August, 2010. There are relaxations in age limit for various reserved categories. A candidate should be medically and physically fit according to the specified requirements.
Availability of Application Forms:
All UPSC Exams have a common form where a candidate has to choose the exam he/she has applied for. UPSC forms are available in various designated post offices throughout the country. The fee for examination is paid through Central Recruitment Fee stamp.
Important Dates (Tentative):
- Release of Notification:Coming Soon
- Last Date of submission of Application forms: Coming Soon
- Dates of Engineering Services Examination: Coming Soon
Details of Examination:
The examination is conducted in two parts: Written Tests & Personality Test. Written Tests are of 1000 marks total consisting of 5 papers of 200 marks each. First paper is General Ability Paper consisting of objective type questions from General English and General Studies which includes knowledge of current events, Indian History and Geography. Rest 4 papers are specific to the relevant engineering discipline. Of these first two papers will be objective type and the rest two papers will be subjective type.
For objective type questions each question will have 4 options and there is a negative marking of 1/3rd marks allotted to the question for an incorrect answer.
Personality Test consists of an interview to judge the candidate's knowledge in the relevant engineering field and General Knowledge and other skills and requirements like the candidate's capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application and integrity of character.
For IES-Mock Test & Personality Test contact centre manager.